When you take off on your morning bicycle ride, the last thing you consider is being involved in a bicycle crash. But bicycle crashes happen every day. All cyclists should understand how to protect their rights following a bicycle crash. Here are some steps you can take to help your Hawaii bicycle attorney pursue your case:
- Contact the authorities after your bike crash, even if the motorist left the scene. It is important that the police attend to the crash and write up a police report. Police are trained to collect crash scene information and may notice things you have missed, such as paint scrapes or signs that the motorist applied their brakes.
- Do not delay seeking medical attention. If your injuries are significant, contact 911 and have the rescue squad respond. Moving too much can worsen an injury, and if you have suffered any degree of head trauma you should not be driving.
- Follow up on all recommended medical treatments. Do not assume because you are feeling better that you have fully healed. Many injuries require ongoing treatment in order to heal properly. When you fail to follow a doctor’s advice, the insurance company may assume your injuries are less severe.
Bicycle Accident Lawyers Serving Kailua, Hilo, Honolulu, and Beyond
The insurance company is going to attempt to get you to settle your case quickly. They will present you with offers that are insufficient and, frankly, insulting. That is why it is important to have an experienced Hawaii bicycle lawyer on your side. With 27 years of experience, the team at the Law Firm of Kass & Moses has represented hundreds of injured cyclists. The team knows Hawaii law and understand the complexities of bicycle crash cases.
Contact us today to learn more through an initial, free consultation. When you call you will speak with a caring attorney who will listen as you share the details of your crash. You will learn more about your rights and what you can expect in the coming weeks and months. With an experienced lawyer on your side, you can rest assured that you have a professional working for you.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Hawaii,
Hawaii Bicycle Law
Requirements for legally riding a bicycle vary from state to state. The Kass & Moses team can confidently answer your questions about the specifics of Hawaii’s bicycle laws. Below are a few rules of the road that every local rider should keep in mind:
- It is recommended that all cyclists wear a helmet, but only required for those 15 years of age or younger.
- Any cyclist who rides from 30 minutes prior to sunset to 30 minutes after sunrise is required to use a front lamp, rear reflector, and reflective material.
- Riding a bicycle while intoxicated is prohibited.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-800-414-5196
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.