Addicted to tracking your rides? Love comparing your stats? We’re with you! Here are a few of our favorite apps!
- My Virtual Mission: How far will your workout take you? If you want to know, check out My Virtual Mission. This amazing app allows you to travel the world as you bike, swim, walk, or run. Want to bike across the United States? Select a set point on each coast and either hit the highways or track a direct route to virtually cross the country. Travel from city to city or even take off around the world! Track your miles and monitor your journey. Share it with others and collect donations for your favorite charity. Complete a group mission either working individually or as a team. If you have been looking for a new level of motivation, check out My Virtual Mission today! Free (premium version available)
- Strava: If you haven’t heard of Strava, come out from under that rock! Strava is a GPS cycling app that allows you to track your rides and includes an array of great stats. Check speed, distance, time, elevation, and calories burned. Feeling competitive? See how you rate against other Strava users on ‘Segments.’ Check the progress of friends and compete in a group. Free (premium version available)
- Map My Ride: This oldie but goody is a popular app that allows cyclists to find new routes. It’s an exceptional way to explore new areas, especially when traveling. It has a very large database of routes that you can access to create your ideal ride. Map My Ride has many of the same features as Strava, and access to those features costs less. If you’re feeling economical, this is the way to go. Free (premium version available)
- The Roadie Bike Fit: Want a proper bike fit? Although this app is not comparable to the kind of fit you might get at a shop, it’s inexpensive and easy to use. Take a couple of photos and type in your measurements and you are all set. Of course, you’ll have to have someone on hand to take the pictures for you unless your selfie skills are way above average! $5
- Bike Repair: We’ve all faced it before- the bike has issues, and a trip to the shop comes with a hefty price tag. Sometimes it makes you wonder if you should just repair it yourself. Enter Bike Repair! This app is basically a giant manual explaining how to complete many problems you might encounter. It comes with an array of photos and walkthroughs to guide you through the repair, and even has included purchase guides. $4
If you’re searching for motivation or just want to maximize your bike time, use these apps to get ahead! Found another great app? Please share it with us!