Few cyclists enjoy anything more than a day on the bike trails, especially when it’s a cool day in the fall. The brilliant colors of the leaves accentuate nature’s beauty and make for a breathtaking jaunt on your bike. Although just about any trail in the US lights up during the first cool days of fall, some trails are especially amazing. Check out the best fall bike rides around the US!
1. Delaware Canal Towpath – This 60-mile towpath follows the Delaware River and is especially popular in the fall when it blossoms with a cornucopia of colors. The terrain is easy, and if 60 miles is too long for you, you can try the 30 mile loop. It’s paved and borders several small towns that you can visit along the way.
For a free legal consultation,
2. Blue Ridge Parkway – This parkway begins in Waynesboro, Virginia and runs through Cherokee, North Carolina, connecting the Shenandoah National Park with the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Each October, a three-day festival is held in Staunton, Virginia. The Shenandoah Fall Foliage Bike Festival features a number of trails set up to take in the breathtaking fall foliage. The Blue Ridge Loop is 26 miles and features some hilly (but paved) terrain.
3. Crested Butte, Colorado – Check out the Dyke Mountain Bike Trail in Aspen grove near Crested Butte. Throughout the grove is a unique interconnected root system that connects the trees in the grove into one of the biggest organisms on earth. When the trees change color, they do so simultaneously, with each section exploding into a single color. The 5.5 mile Dyke Mountain Bike Trail takes you through the best of it. It’s an expert trail and, despite the short distance, should be taken slowly.
4. Cape Cod Rail Trail – This Massachusetts trail proves that Cape Cod is great any time of the year. The path follows along a former rail line and is (mostly) paved. Explore nearby marshes and beaches to make the most of your time at the Cape.
5. Kitsap Peninsula – Check out the Kitsap Color Classic – this Washington’s community annual bike ride, and explore the magnificent and majestic fall beauty of this northwest state. Even if you miss the event, you’ll still enjoy taking in the stunning routes.
No matter where you travel in the US, it’s difficult to pass up the local bicycle trails, especially in the fall. Between the brilliant colors and cool weather, many cyclists find that they enjoy the end of the season.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Wherever you experience your fall bicycle ride, be sure to follow safety guidelines and always wear a helmet. At Kass & Moses, we have seen first-hand the results of bicycle crashes. We urge all cyclists to get out and enjoy the season safely and, if you are involved in a crash, call us first to answer all your questions.