Shopping for gifts to keep your cyclist safe? Look no further than this top 10 list of great gifts for cyclists. Cyclists face risks of crash and injury every time they ride – but these gift ideas will help to keep bikers safe.
1. Bicycle helmet – Think your cyclist is covered because they already have a helmet? Well, helmets should be replaced after several years of regular use. They should also be replaced any time they are worn in a crash, even if they don’t show any sign of damage. Bicycle helmets are meant to sustain a single impact only, so anyone who has been in a bicycle crash should get a new one. Bicycle helmets come in a wide variety of styles to make safety fun, and most come with extra padding to ensure a good fit.
2. Safety bicycle lights – If the cyclist you love rides early in the morning or later in the day, bicycle lights are essential. You can purchase lights that secure to any bike and provide standard, flashing, and strobe settings. Search for a light that provides at least 1000 lumens of power.
For a free legal consultation,
3. Reflective vest – It may sound a little cheesy, but reflective vests save lives. These inexpensive vests are designed to wear over clothes or a jacket and are usually neon in color. They bear reflective stripes that are designed to catch the attention of motorists. You can find a reflective vest for around $10, so this is a bargain gift that provides for security on the road.
4. Bicycle tire patch kit – Bicycle tires are notorious for developing leaks, especially at the worst possible time. Fortunately, bicycle tire patch kits are easy to use and most are portable. These kits allow a cyclist to repair a damaged tire quickly and get back on the road. Bicycle tire repair kits come in a variety of sizes; shop for one that is small and comes in a convenient case.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
5. Cycling first aid kit – Bicycle crashes are inevitable and most result in scratches and scrapes. There are a number of small profile first aid kits on the market designed with cyclists in mind. These kits carry gloves, bandages, antibacterial creams, pain relievers, and irrigation syringes. They take up very little space (one advertises weighing just 3.3 ounces and being less than an inch thick).
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
6. Cycling safety class – The League of American Bicyclists offer a number of cycling safety classes that are held throughout the year. Some are designed for amateur cyclists, while others teach more advanced techniques. You can even work to become a cycling instructor. What a great way to show the cyclist on your list that you love them by enrolling them in one of these courses.
At Kass & Moses, we take bicycling safety serious. We have handled hundreds of bicycle crash cases and have seen the trauma caused by bicycle crashes. Severe crashes can mean more than just time off the bike – they can result in thousands of dollars in medical bills, pain and suffering, and weeks away from work. With that in mind, it is important to have an experienced team on your side. Contact Kass & Moses today to learn about how we can help get you the settlement you deserve after a motorcycle crash.