We all know that exercise is important for emotional well-being, but numerous studies have indicated that bicycling may actually make you happier. The reasons go beyond physical fitness, and extend to emotional well-being and mental health. Read this list and go for a ride today!
- We’ll go with the most obvious first – cycling boosts your physical fitness! Cycling uses all the major muscle groups and helps improve stamina, especially as you ride over challenging terrain. Cycling provides health benefits to individuals at all levels of fitness. Easy, level terrain provides a simple workout while hilly courses prove more challenging. Cycling increases cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength, and joint mobility.
- Regular biking can provide cognitive benefits! Biking requires quick reactions and constant balance. This has been shown to increase concentration in children and adults. In fact, some studies have shown that bicycling can improve concentration levels in children with ADHD. Bicycling also promotes growth of the hippocampus, which improves memory by as much as 40 percent.
- Biking provides stress relief, helps ease depression, and improves overall mental health. Want a mood boost? Go for a bike ride! Research indicates that biking actually improves symptoms of depression and anxiety. Individuals who have high levels of stress find that biking allows them respite from their thoughts and allows them to effectively clear their mind.
- Biking is an excellent exercise for the overweight and obese. Weight loss is a tremendous battle for a number of Americans. As weight increases, exercise becomes more and more challenging as traditional exercises like aerobics, walking, and jogging place undue stress on the joints. Biking allows overweight individuals to exercise in a manner that is relatively easy on the joints. Cycling also allows individuals to start at low levels of intensity that are easier for beginners.
- Cycling is not stressful on your finances! Many sports and fitness activities require a large financial commitment to begin. Bikes are relatively inexpensive and also serve as a form of transportation. Used bicycles can be readily found, and individuals with gym memberships can begin by using an exercise bicycle at the gym. Compared to the yearly cost of operating a car, cycling is downright cheap!
These five reasons are just a few of the reasons that cycling promotes happiness. In fact, there are hundreds of reasons that cycling is beneficial for nearly everyone! The bicycle accident attorneys at Kass & Moses encourage individuals to bike safely and remember that if an accident does occur, contact Kass & Moses right online or by phone at 1-844-BICYCLE.
The post Five Ways Bicycling Makes You Happier appeared first on Bicycle Accident Lawyers.
Call or text 1-844-394-0293 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form