Five Great New Bicycle Safety Products
1. Laser Lights. The goal of these products is to create a virtual laser Lane behind you and in some cases in front of you. Although this is not a physical structure protecting you, it does give a very good visual idea of the distance cars and trucks should be from you when passing. In this regard, I am a big proponent of these devices. Please keep in mind it is unlikely at this point these the work during the daytime An example of this is a product called “light lane”.
2. Torch T1 Helmet: this is another product I like. The main reason I’m so excited about this product is because nothing is more important for cycling safety than being seen. I’ve always been a great fan of using lights on your bike day or night. This helmet solves the problem of ever forgetting to bring your lights, as the lights are built into the helmets. The helmet has a built-in backlight and front light and they do work independently. This is also a USB charge LED light that will far outlast the useful life of the helmet.
For a free legal consultation,
3. The invisible bike helmet: too many people this may seem crazy. However a new invention allows you to wear a collar that will act as a full airbag for your head in the event you are in an accident. This has obviously many great advantages. One, your head stays cool and your hair does not get helmet head. Two, more people may be willing to use this that would not feel comfortable wearing a helmet every day. The cost is approximately $600 and if it is used it does need to be replaced. Here is a video on this product.
4. Rapha Classic Wind Jacket: Again in the theme of being seen. Reflective jacets/vets are great. Here is a great example of a very bright jacket from Rapha, the same ones used by team Sky. This jacket is not cheap at $270 but is incredibly well-made and will last a very long time. However any bright reflective jacket will serve you well.
5. SHWALBE MARATHON TYRES. This tire has a reflective stripe painted on the sides, so they “light up” when a car hits them. They also have a great tread for riding in bad weather.