Need another reason to spend time cycling? How about ten reasons that cycling is the ideal exercise!
Ten Reasons Cycling is the Ideal Exercise Include:
- It’s pretty inexpensive. Sure, you can spend thousands on a bicycle if you want, but you can also find great bikes for a hundred bucks or less, especially if you don’t mind buying used. If you go used, factor in a bit of money to have the bike repaired, if needed. Even still, you’re coming out way ahead over expensive gym memberships or fitness equipment.
- It’s great transportation! Don’t forget that your bike can get you from point A to point B. Invest a few bucks in a good bike lock and begin using your bike to venture out around town. Pick up a few groceries, visit a friend, or even commute to work!
- It’s an excellent way to burn calories! You will burn hundreds of calories an hour while you bike, based on your weight, speed, and terrain. Even more exciting, however, is that your body will continue to burn calories efficiently for several hours after you complete your ride!
- It’s an exercise you can do alone or with friends. Need some time to think? Head out on your own for a quiet ride through the park. Want socialization? Gather a few friends and bike together, join a club or team, or even a race!
- It builds muscles… all your muscles from your waist down will grow with cycling! Of course your thighs and calves will benefit, but your back, buttocks, and ankles will strengthen as well.
- Cycling encourages your brain to work and may increase cognitive abilities. When you cycle, your brain works constantly to help you maintain balance and to view and consider your surroundings. As you avoid hazards and venture through different terrain, your brain gets a workout, too!
- Cycling is low-impact! This is great news for all cyclists, but especially those with sensitive joints. With regular training, you can cycle for extended periods of time and your joints won’t pay the price. In fact, regular cycling can help lubricate your joints and increase your range of motion.
- It is enjoyable! Remember taking your bike out as a kid? It was always lots of fun to careen through the neighborhood and enjoy your freedom. Guess what? It’s still lots of fun!
- Cycling can fit into anyone’s day. We are all busy, and often it’s difficult to find time for exercise. Fortunately, you can build cycling into your day. Cycle to work each day for an enjoyable commute, or take the bike out to visit your friend down the street. Even a short ride is enough to burn calories and boost your metabolism.
- Bikes are safer than ever! New bikes have additional safety features like bright lights and strong reflectors. More and more cities and towns are adding lanes and special areas for cyclists, and as we hit the road, more drivers become aware of our presence.
As cyclists ourselves and bicycle injury attorneys, we believe in promoting cycling whenever possible. We believe it’s a wonderful exercise and excellent sport for any fitness level. Enjoy your ride, exercise safety precautions, and should you need us, contact our experienced bike accident attorneys!