Whether you listen to cycling podcasts while you ride or you play them during your commute to and from work, they provide a wealth of information and top cycling tips. But some cycling podcasts are clearly superior to others. The podcasts we explore below are diverse and show that there really is something out there for everyone. Whether you are a cycling newbie looking for tips for training or a cyclocross pro, there is a podcast out there for you.
1. The Slow Ride Podcast – This humorous, sometimes even irreverent, podcast covers bikes, advice, and cycling rumors while tossing some side-splitting Monty Pythonesque humor your way. Three bike messengers came together to start this podcast sharing their opinions on both racing and culture. The unscripted conversation flows freely, and offers great advice for old hats as well as those new to cycling.
For a free legal consultation,
2. Velocast Cycling – This year-round cycling podcast covers daily content from the Tour de France, Tour de Suisse, Giro di Lombardia, Criterium de Dauphiné, The Vuelta a Espana, and The Giro d’Italia. If your goal is to keep abreast of the current races, this is the podcast for you. The hosts provide commentary and analysis and cover cycling history as well as current events.
3. The Cycling Podcast – This 30 minute show provides commentary and analysis with a focus on the three Grand Tours. They’ve been around since 2013 and even have written a book, too – and do they know their stuff! Hosts Richard Moore, Lionel Birnie, and Daniel Friebe occasionally bring on special guests as they explore the nuances of professional cycling. These three talented journalists will take you behind the scenes of pro cycling in this interesting and informative podcast.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
4. The Paceline Cycling Podcast – The hosts of this podcast claim it appeals to everyone who rides on two wheels – from cyclocross enthusiasts and roadies to commuters and mountain bikers, there is something for everyone. They do a great job reviewing bike gear, discussing the role of bicycles in society, and get into the nitty gritty of why we ride.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
5. We Got to Hang Out – This podcast, hosted by a group of ladies in the sport, does share a lot about the world of cycling according to women. This means that you’ll hear a lot about issues that relate specifically to women, that might not be addressed by other podcasts. But that doesn’t mean that this podcast is only for the ladies. This conversational podcast is chock full of information and carries a humorous tone that everyone is sure to enjoy.
6. Cycling Tips Podcast – This podcast covers much of the traditional (racing, news, and chats about cycling issues) as well as top gear and technical questions. They chew on questions that you might have never pondered before, like are Tour de France cyclists superstitious and how the gun debate relates to cycling.
7. Stanley Street Social – Straight from Australia, this podcast is broken down into weekly unpack episodes, comprised of the news, the rant, the socials, and beer o’clock (with other episodes thrown in the mix, as well). If you want a podcast that gives you a broad range of the news and current events from guys who seem like your buddies, this is the one to follow.
8. The Move with Lance Armstrong – Whether you love him or hate him, you have to acknowledge that Armstrong can sure stir up the sport. As one listener succinctly put it, “If you don’t like Lance, you are probably not going to like this podcast.” Still, Armstrong manages to pull in some great interviews and an insider look into the peloton. Maybe lacking a little in substance, this podcast more than makes up for it with its inside perspective.
So, there you have it – eight of the best podcasts for cyclists. Which podcasts do you enjoy? Share them with us on your cycling accidents Facebook page and we’ll add them into the mix.
At Kass & Moses, we are more than just attorneys who represent injured cyclists. We are also avid cyclists ourselves. We draw from the passion that we feel on our bikes and bring that energy into our nationwide bicycle accident law practice. We fight aggressively to help our clients get the compensation that they deserve for their injuries. We know that time away from your bike, out of work, and in pain is time you will never get back, which is why we do everything in our power to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.
Call or text 1-844-394-0293 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form