Our motorcycle accident lawyers recently took on two new motorcycle accident cases, one from Illinois and another from Pennsylvania. In both cases, the main injury suffered by our clients was a severe concussion.
Recovering on behalf of a client whose main motorcycle accident injury is a concussion is particularly challenging for a motorcycle accident lawyer. Insurance adjusters often don’t value concussions as much as they should. Also, concussions are tricky because their symptoms are not always obvious. Finally, the symptoms often manifest themselves some time post-accident and as such, they are difficult to tie to the offending accident.
If you or a loved one are involved in a motorcycle accident and have suffered a concussion, beware of the following signs/symptoms:*
- Headaches, a feeling of pressure in the head and/or other head pain
- Temporary loss of consciousness
- Confusion or feeling as if in a fog
- Amnesia involving the facts of the accident
- Ringing in your ears
- Nausea or vomiting
- Slurred speech
The Mayo Clinic also notes that some symptoms may be delayed, including:
- Concentration and memory complaints
- Irritability and other personality changes
- Sensitivity to light and noise
- Sleep disturbances
- Psychological adjustment problems and depression
- Disorders of taste and smell
*Thanks to the Mayo Clinic website for this list of symptoms
If you suffered a concussion in a motorcycle accident and need a motorcycle accident lawyer, the motorcycle accident lawyers at Kass & Moses can help. Contact Kass & Moses, immediately, to protect your rights.
Call or text 1-800-414-5196 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form