A lower seat height isn’t the only factor that needs to be considered if you are searching for the best motorcycle for short riders. You also need a seat that is not too wide and will allow your legs to sit at the correct angle. In short, you want a bike that is low to the ground, lightweight, and narrow, as well as a bike that carries its weight low.
Some companies have kits made to lower the suspension of a bike, but this is not recommended. Doing so can cause you to bottom out, especially in corners, and it can affect the bike’s performance. Some manufacturers, like BMW, will even lower the seat height at no additional cost. But for most of us, the best bet is to purchase a motorcycle that fits our (slightly smaller) frame. These motorcycles for short riders offer you that feeling of control while you enjoy the thrill of the open road.
For a free legal consultation,
· Honda Rebel 500 – You’re going to find a few Hondas on this list, and for good reason. Not only are they great bikes, but they are efficient and overall good for shorter riders as they are low to the ground. The Rebel 500 has a seat height of just 27.2 inches and weighs 408 pounds. This bike sports a solid engine and customizable looks guaranteed to please.
· Harley-Davidson Superlow – With a name like Superlow, you know you’re in the right market. Whether you love or hate Harley-Davidson, you have to admit this is a nice looking bike. The low bucket seat height just 25.5 inches and the bike weighs 545 pounds. It’s a good medium-distance tourer and has a nice retro look that will appeal to many.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
· Indian Scout – What can we say about this legendary bike? It has a narrow saddle and 25.3 inch seat height and was designed for people from 5’4” to 6’0”. It’s a good feet forward cruiser with a low center of gravity. This is a bike that will please just about everyone – from the newbie rider to the veteran.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
· Suzuki GSX250R – A great sport bike for shorter and smaller riders, it’s lightweight and narrow and the bold look is sure to capture your attention. At a 31.1 inch seat height, it may seem a bit larger than some of the other bikes on our list, but this bike is remarkably narrow so it works well. It’s a comfortable, solid choice that rides well, if slightly lacking in horsepower.
· Yamaha TW200 – A great learner friendly bike, the size is just ride and the power is adequate. This 31” seat bike is slim, but has fat tires that will handle off-road wear and tear. It’s a neat little bike that offers a fun ride that won’t be overwhelming to shorter (and smaller) riders. With the 2018 MSRP at just $4,599, this bike will appeal to many.
· Honda NC750X – This reliable bike gets great fuel economy and will just go without a lot of maintenance required. This striking bike is great for new riders as it offers an unparalleled sense of control. With a seat height of 32.7 inches, it may not work for the smallest of us, but it’s so easy to ride (even for shorter folks) that it must be included on this list.
· Kawasaki Vulcan S – This frugal cruiser (just over $7000) offers something for everyone, including the shorter motorcycle riders out there. It’s well-balanced weight offers an easy ride, and the soft suspension guarantees comfort. With a low seat height of 27.8 inches, you’ll be set. Add to that the ability to customize ergonomically to your body at no extra cost and this bike is a true bargain.
Another consideration is motorcycle boots for short riders. Sturdy boots with thick, grippy soles can make a world of difference in helping you feel secure on your bike. There are some boots on the market specifically made with thick soles, but you can also have a cobbler work on your boots if you are set on a specific pair.
The best bikes for shorter riders offer more than just a balanced, comfortable ride. They offer an increased level of safety and control on the road. Riding a bike that is too large is overwhelming physically and can put you at an unnecessary risk of being involved in a crash. Take the time to check out these motorcycles for short riders before you make a purchase, and try out a number of them to determine which offers you the best feel.
Motorcycle safety is paramount when it comes to Kass & Moses. That’s because we represent bikers who have been injured in crashes. Every day we see firsthand the result of what can happen in an instant to bikers. We work tirelessly to help injured bikers receive the compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one have been involved in a motorcycle crash, contact us today at 1-800-MOTORCYCLE to learn more about how we can help you. We handle cases nationwide and will come to you!