An accident can happen at any time. Accidents occur on highways, city streets and country roads. When a motorcycle is involved in an accident there are several things that you should consider if you have been injured or suffered property damage as a result of the mishap. It’s important to call an attorney who specializes in motorcycle accidents before you sign anything with the insurance companies or settle your case with them. Here are 8 reasons to hire an attorney for your motorcycle accident case:
1. The insurance company will do everything they can to minimize the amount paid out for your claim. They may attempt to contact you and offer a quick settlement. Make no mistake about it; this is a ploy that insurers use to get you to settle quickly. If the settlement is not sufficient or fair, you will be left with no recourse.
2. Another reason to hire an attorney is to protect your personal information and ensure it isn’t shared with other parties. Your claim should only be handled by one person who knows what they are doing and has years of experience dealing with motorcycle accidents such as this.
For a free legal consultation,
3. Many insurance companies will try to use the fact that your motorcycle accident was in part caused by a defective product against you in some way. They may even go so far as to say that their insured wasn’t at fault for your injuries because the bike had a problem which led to the accident happening in the first place. This is another reason why hiring an attorney is imperative.
4. When it comes to motorcycle accident cases, the insurance company of their insured will often deny responsibility or claim that they were not properly informed at the time they purchased their policy that they would be protected in case an accident occurred with a motorcycle. This could result in the insurer denying your claim because you didn’t inform them about the type of vehicle and how it was used. If you hire an attorney, you won’t have to worry about this issue coming up at all because your rights will be protected.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
5. It can difficult for someone who has been injured in a motorcycle accident to fight for their rights against well-financed insurers who may try to outspend them in court. The insurance companies will go to any length to protect their bottom line and this makes it especially difficult for someone who is not aware of how the system works. Hiring an attorney with experience in dealing with motorcycle accidents can ensure that you get a fair outcome from the case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
6. Insurance companies may try to use your own medical history against you, as well as past claims made against insurers by other parties. This can lead to serious implications on your ability to receive compensation for your injuries and property damage if you don’t take steps to protect yourself before hiring an attorney.
7. If there are witnesses present at the scene of the accident, they may be contacted by insurers even if they have no affiliation with the company or their insured. This is yet another reason that it’s vital to hire an attorney before you discuss your accident and injuries with anyone, especially if you have no idea as to who may contact you next. In addition, attorneys can help identify witnesses who may be contacted at different times throughout the case.
8. A good piece of advice is to make a copy of all receipts for maintenance expenses incurred prior to the accident in question. You should also document the bike itself by taking photographs and writing down any other information pertaining to its condition and history that could become important during negotiations after an accident occurs. Hiring an attorney will ensure these aspects are handled properly so they can be used as evidence later on when you seek compensation.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, call or visit our law firm website for a free consultation today! We have the knowledge and experience necessary to handle your case with the care it deserves. Our number one priority is ensuring that your rights are protected at all times, so don’t wait any longer! Contact us today if you need legal help with your motorcycle accident claim. We will schedule an appointment where we can meet with you and discuss what happened during the accident and how we can get started on fighting for a fair settlement on your behalf. Whether you were simply involved in a collision or suffered a more serious injury because of it, we want to hear from you right! Once you consult with an experienced lawyer, they will work hard to ensure you get adequate compensation for the harm done to you by a negligent driver. Do not hesitate any longer – call us today!
The Law Offices of Kass & Moses serve clients injured in motorcycle accidents throughout the country and would be happy to discuss your case with you right away. To learn more about our services and how we can help you after suffering injury or loss in a motorcycle crash, contact us at 1-800-MOTORCYCLE. We know what it takes to get results; let’s put that experience to work for you!