Most of the times we want our motorcycles to move and move quickly, but sometimes we need our bikes to stay firmly in place. At these times, we need a good motorcycle chock, but which one to buy? There are numerous models on the market, so let’s check out the features of some of the chocks on the market.
1. Dragway Tools Adjustable Motorcycle Wheel Chock Cradle Stand – This cradle stand is designed to support bikes up to 1800 pounds. The adjustable cradle will fit most wheels from 3-5 inches wide. It has pre-drilled holes for mounting on a trailer. It’s free standing and can be mounted in most settings. It also has a couple of eye loops for strapping. With a powder coated finish, you don’t have to stress about it rusting or showing wear. It sells for around $80.
For a free legal consultation,
2. Extreme Max 3-Piece Motorcycle Wheel Chock – A more budget-friendly motorcycle chock, this one goes for around $18. It fits tires up to 5.5 inches and will mount to a trailer, truck, or floor. It’s made for lighter-duty use, and I wouldn’t recommend it for bigger, heavier bikes, but for lightweight bikes, it’s a great, inexpensive alternative.
3. Condor SC-2000 Trailer-Only Chock – This chock is built for the behemoth bikes out there. It will support bikes up to a whopping 3000 pounds. It has a locking mechanism to be sure that your bike is in place, and it can fold away for storage. It has support for two tie-down straps and is made for trailer use only. It retails for $160.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
4. Lock ‘N Load Orange/Black Deluxe Motorcycle Wheel Chock Combo Kit – This combo kit includes the wheel chock and self-ratcheting tie downs. It’s extra sturdy, easy to install and use. It’s designed to get you loaded up and down the road in 60 seconds. At $214, the price is higher than some, but this is a quality product.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
5. Risk Racing Black Lock-N-Load Strapless Motocross Transport System – Although technically not a motorcycle chock, this transport system is designed to secure motocross bikes in place. It secures quickly to the trailer floor with just 4 thumb screws and locks the bike in place with locking pins.
6. Maxxhaul 70075 Motorcycle Wheel Chock – This middle of the road motorcycle chock fits most motorcycles and allows one person to quickly load and unload a motorcycle. The heavy-duty formed steel secures to your trailer or garage floor, and at $50, it’s an economical way to go.
7. Kafe Silver Bolt, No Drill Motorcycle Wheel Chock – This lightweight aluminum motorcycle wheel chock requires no drilling or bolting. It’s easily portable and will fit nearly any truck or trailer. It’s adjustable and easy to secure with ratcheting straps. It sells for about $165.
No matter which motorcycle chock you choose, you are sure to find one on the market that works with your bike. A nice, secure hold will allow you to easily transport your bike anywhere and everywhere you go.
For more information on great motorcycle products, motorcycle safety tips, and some of the best looking bikes around check out our Kass & Moses 1-800-MOTORCYCLE Facebook page!