Are you hoping to buy a motorcycle this holiday season? Are you already looking forward to the warm days to come next year? Here’s why now might be the best reason to buy a new motorcycle.
Buy a Motorcycle in December Because…
- Fewer people are motorcycle shopping. This means that motorcycle dealerships are more likely to make a good deal with you. Now, more than ever, dealerships are eager to make sales, and customers are few. Dealers are often able to swing incentives and negotiations that are not available during the Spring and Summer months, when customers are eager to buy.
- More time with the salesperson. I know when I look for a bike, I like to shop around. I come with plenty of questions, and really want to take my time checking out a lot of bikes. During the cooler months, salesmen (and women) have plenty of time to spend showing off the latest bikes and features. Even if you aren’t shopping for a bike, now is a great time to check out accessories, or even just visit your local dealership to ask any questions you may have.
- Dealers are eager to sell before the end of the year. Businesses are always hoping for those end of the year sales to boost their numbers. Again, this can mean extra incentives and better negotiation tactics.
- You are less inclined to make a quick buy. Let’s face it- when it’s warm outside and all of your buddies are riding every weekend, it’s easy to make a quick purchase without really doing your homework. After all, you just want to get out on the road. But now, when there are fewer good biking days, you will be more inclined to take your time and really make a good choice.
- Used bikes are a great deal now, too! Many people find themselves short on money at the end of the year. Holiday bills and upcoming taxes are enough to make many people eager to sell things, often at rock-bottom prices. This means that used motorcycles can be a real bargain towards the end of the year, as well. Check out classified ads both on and off-line and don’t be afraid to ask for flexibility in pricing.
Bonus – if you buy a bike that needs some repairs or other work, December through February is a great time for that, as well. Motorcycle mechanics often have plenty of time on their hands during the Winter months. This means that your job will be completed quickly, and you might even get a better price.
For a free legal consultation,
If you are hoping to buy a motorcycle, or even just curious about it, take a day or so and check out a few dealerships. Spend time and ask plenty of questions – and take advantage of this great time of the year. As bikers ourselves, we know finding the perfect bike is of utmost importance. Find a great bike, and remember to contact Kass & Moses – in case you are ever in a motorcycle crash. We’re here to serve!