Motorcycles sometimes get a bad rap but there are numerous benefits of riding a motorcycle. From mental health to physical benefits, riding a motorcycle can actually be good for you.
- Improved Coordination – Riding a motorcycle requires you to use and coordinate all four limbs. When you begin to ride your motorcycle, you will notice you need to concentrate in order to adequately coordinate the brakes, throttle, and clutch. Improved coordination leads to faster reaction time, better ability to move your body in sports and day to day activities, and improved balance.
- Calorie Burning – When you ride a motorcycle, your core and peripheral muscles are engaged. And believe it or not, you will actually burn a fair amount of calories simply riding a motorcycle. The average person burns about 70 calories an hour at rest, but when riding a motorcycle will burn around 170 calories an hour (or more)! That’s right – ride your motorcycle and take off the weight.
- Improved Reflexes – When you ride a motorcycle, you make many split-second decisions. You must monitor the road around you for other drivers (including those who are inattentive and may not notice you), as well as numerous road hazards. Over and over you will make rapid-fire decisions in order to remain safe. With time, your reflexes will improve. Not only will this make you a better biker, it may also make you a better driver or even a better employee.
- Improved Stress Levels – Did you know that riding a motorcycle has been associated with a reduction in stress? Some people refer to it as “throttle therapy,” and a new study has shown there is some truth to it. In fact, the journal Brain Research published findings that the hormonal biomarkers associated with stress decrease approximately 25 percent in motorcycle riders. They also noticed improvements in alertness and focus.
- Increased Strength in Your Neck – So many of us spend our days hunched over a desk. Riding a motorcycle requires us to extend and stretch our necks, strengthening them as we ride. In addition, the weight of the helmet can, over time, increase strength in the neck. This can lead to improved posture even after you ride.
- Easy to Repair – Man, I miss the years when most car repairs could be done at home. Now they all require specialized, often computerized, parts, and heavy-duty tools. Fortunately, many repairs on motorcycles can be done at home still. This can save a tremendous amount of money and is yet another reason that motorcycles are awesome.
- Endless Customizations – There are so many ways you can customize a motorcycle. You truly can make the bike your own and show your individuality on the road. I have seen some true showpieces. But even if you want to keep it simple and inexpensive, with just a couple hundred dollars you can add some style and flare to your bike.
- The Biker Community – Having been a part of the biker community for three decades now, I cannot express enough just how important it is to have people that really get you. I’ve seen motorcycle organizations and fellow bikers go to great lengths to help others who have been through natural disasters or lost a fellow biker in an accident. The biker community is truly a band of brothers and sisters who will be with you through thick and thin.
- Fuel Efficiency – Fuel costs are up across the nation, with no end in sight. With the costs of gas so high, people are looking for fuel efficient vehicles. In general, motorcycles are very fuel efficient. If you commute by motorcycle, you can save many hundreds of dollars each year in gas costs alone.
- Improve Mental Health – Scientists have proven that spending time outside is good for your mental health. And what better way to spend time outside than on your motorcycle? Motorcycle riding improves your mood, boosts your energy, and improves your happiness level overall.
For a free legal consultation,
For all of these reasons and so many more, a motorcycle is a tremendous investment. Whether you are looking to improve your mental or physical health, or just want to look great, riding a motorcycle cannot be beat! With so many benefits of riding a motorcycle, I can’t think of a better time to buy one.
Call or text 1-800-414-5196 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form