- Where did the name Hayabusa come from?
- Hayabusa is the name of a peregrine falcon. It has been known to swoop down on its prey at an amazing 186 miles per hour, making it the fastest bird know to man. Translated, it means “strong and fast”.
- What did the first Harley-Davidson used for a carburetor?
- A tomato can!
- Speaking of Harleys… the largest parade had how many Harley’s?
- A charity even in December, 2002 had 2,118 Harley-Davidsons!
- Approximately what percentage of motorcycle theft reports are fraudulent?
- A whopping 25 percent! Some people believe Harleys are the most stolen bike, but it is actually Honda.
- The TOTO motorcycle, introduced in 2010, ran on what?
- Human waste. Eww… I’d hate to smell that exhaust.
- Arguably one of the most memorable bikers, “The Fonz” couldn’t actually ride a motorcycle.
- Evel Knievel, despite all of his records, does not hold the distance record for a jump in a Harley-Davidson. That record is held by Bubba Blackwell. In 2008, Blackwell jumped 157 feet on an XR-750.
- The Indian Army’s Daredevil Team holds the record for the largest motorcycle pyramid. Their pyramid was composed of 10 bikes and a whopping 201 men!
- Triumph makes motorcycles and what else?
- Golf balls! Yes, really.
- Nonfatal motorcycle accidents occur about 30 times more often than fatal accidents.
Okay- that last piece is probably not considered trivia, but it is worth a second look. Each year, approximately 90,000 bikers are injured in motorcycle accidents. In addition, numerous minor injuries go unreported because, let’s face it, we tend to be a tough group. Insurance adjusters have been known to minimize biker injuries in order to reduce the claims they must pay.
For a free legal consultation,
Injuries, however, are far from trivial. Many bikers can no longer ride or work due to their injuries. And often, these injuries initially appear to be relatively minor. Even broken bones sometimes do not present with pain, as your endorphins and adrenaline block the pain. If you are ever in an accident, no matter how minor, please contact a motorcycle injury attorney right away. At Kass & Moses, we will give you a free consultation. We are bikers, too, so we can understand your point of view! Remember that accidents and injuries are NEVER trivial!