You are curious about fair settlement for a motorcycle accident. Perhaps you were recently involved in a motorcycle crash, or maybe a loved one suffered injuries after an accident with their bike. Medical bills are mounting, and you are curious how best to reach a fair settlement with the insurance company. Here are some points to remember:
• When considering a fair settlement for a motorcycle accident, remember that the insurance company doesn’t work for you. Although they may play nice and friendly on the phone, they are trained to do whatever they can to get you to accept as small as settlement as possible. In many cases, their settlement offer may not even begin to scratch the surface of your medical bills. This can be upsetting for an injured biker – but remember that you do not need to handle your motorcycle crash case alone.
• Motorcycle injury lawyers like the team at Kass & Moses have decades of experience handling motorcycle crash cases. One phone call allows you access to advice and feedback from an attorney regarding how to proceed with your case. In many cases, they will be able to take over completely, allowing you to concentrate on your recovery as they work to get you a fair settlement. Even if they cannot accept your case, for whatever reason, they can offer helpful advice and guidance on how you can proceed.
• Retain all receipts, pictures, police reports, and any other data pertaining to your crash. Often, the insurance company will ask you about your specific injuries. It can be difficult to remember the exact medical diagnosis without these records. In addition, these records will show just how long your doctor expects you to be off work, how much money you have spent out of pocket, and important details about the motorcycle crash.
• A fair settlement for a motorcycle accident is about more than just demonstrating you have been injured. Often times, you will be required to take time off work. You are surely experiencing pain and suffering and should be compensated for that, as well. In some cases, you will require long-term therapy or may not be able to regain full strength or movement. These are all things that must be considered when determining fair compensation after a motorcycle crash. Don’t ever let the insurance adjuster tell you that they will only reimburse your medical expenses. We know your time and health is valuable to you and your family.
• Do not go it alone. Having an experienced motorcycle injury lawyer on your side is key. But even if you navigate your settlement yourself, you should speak with someone who can quickly assess your case. You may find that you are leaving a lot of money on the table, so to speak, by not having your case managed by a professional. Injuries can require ongoing care, and you may never be able to work at the same capacity again. These factors must be considered.
Contact Kass & Moses today for a quick, free consultation over the phone. This no-obligation phone call will help us determine how we can better assist you as you move forward with your insurance claim. Let us help you determine how to get fair settlement after your motorcycle accident.